With Expedismart.ch, Switzerland's leading shipping comparison service, your booking includes friendly customer service and attractive prices. Are you a company or private individual who regularly or occasionally ships goods to Ukraine? Open a new customer account with Expedismart.ch in just a few minutes.
You can benefit from discounts of up to 70% on public rates thanks to the agreements we have negotiated with our partner companies.
How to send a parcel to Ukraine? Documents required
When sending a parcel from Switzerland to Ukraine, please attach the proforma invoice which is generated by Expedismart.ch, but you can also enclose your own invoice when booking online. If you are shipping a new product that you have just purchased, the proforma invoice is not the receipt you received from the shop. The proforma invoice is used to inform customs of the exact contents of your package. If the goods have been purchased by the recipient or will be resold after arrival in the country, the shipment must be accompanied by a commercial invoice, which can also be created on Expedismart.ch. For valuable goods, it is advisable to take out insurance. The cost of the insurance is 1% of the value of the goods. You can take out the insurance directly with our partner company AXA Winterthur when you prepare the consignment.
Be sure to keep a copy of the declaration form!
(Proforma or commercial invoice)
Compare services and prices for shipping to Ukraine. Additionally, you can choose the professional carrier (FedEx, TNT, Aramex, or UPS) who will pick up your package at your home/office and ship it safely to Ukraine.
Information required for the proforma or commercial invoice
The documents must be completed in English or Ukrainian.
How to send a parcel to Ukraine? Customs
Import duties in Ukraine are based on the local goods and services tax and the standard VAT of 20%. They also depend on the declared value, the type of consignment and its origin.
Usually, duties are not levied on items for personal use. Such as clothing and toiletries. However, we strongly recommend that all goods are declared on the proforma/commercial documents.
How to send a parcel to Ukraine? Prohibited goods
Make sure that you do not send prohibited goods to Ukraine. The following overview may vary depending on the shipping company (FedEx, DHL, UPS, TNT, or Aramex).
Certain goods are not allowed to be imported into Ukraine.
- Pornographic material
- Shipping of live animals
- Import of cultural property under status “wanted”
- Narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, and precursors
- Plant pathogens, live mushroom cultures, bacteria, viruses, insects, ticks, nematodes that damage plants (except for samples taken for scientific research)
- Seed material
- Packing wood that has not been cleared of rind and has not undergone thermal or chemical treatment
- The importation of leaded petroleum and lead additives to petroleum, except for aviation fuel, is prohibited
- Firearms of all kinds and ammunition (cold weapons and other objects specially designed for attack and defense)
- Explosive, flammable, or other dangerous substances
- Electroplating systems (electric wires), monofilament nets (cappilary lines) and hunting traps
* This list may be amended by the country of destination. For more information, check the website of the Government of Ukraine.
If you are not sure whether your item falls into the category "prohibited goods", please contact us by phone or e-mail. We will be happy to provide you with information!
How to send a parcel to Ukraine? Fragile items
When shipping fragile or delicate items to Ukraine, it is important to pack the contents properly to protect the goods. Use sufficient cushioning material such as newspapers, foam, or bubble wrap.
How to send a parcel to Ukraine? Official holidays
When sending your parcel, please consider the public holidays in Ukraine. Be aware that your parcels will not be delivered on these days.
- January 1 – New Year's Day
- January 7 – Orthodox Christmas
- March 8 – International Women's Day
- May 1 – Labour Day
- May 2 (moveable) – Orthodox Easter Day
- May 3 (moveable) – Orthodox Easter Monday
- May 9 – Victory Day (commemorate the end of World War II and the Allied victory over Nazi Germany)
- June 21 (moveable) – Orthodox Pentecost Monday
- June 28 – Constitution Day
- August 24 – Independence Day
- October 14 – Day of the Defender
- December 25 – Christmas Day
- December 27 – Christmas Day
How do I send a parcel to Ukraine? Track my shipment
If you have already shipped to Ukraine, use the shipment tracking on Expedismart.ch.
The majority of our customers send their parcels to Kiev and Kharkov.
Do not hesitate to contact us by phone (+41 022 575 61 16), by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via the contact form if you have any questions or uncertainties.
Please check the following before sending your shipment to Ukraine