Are you a company or a private individual who regularly or occasionally ships goods to Latvia? At Expedismart.ch, the first shipping comparison service in Switzerland, you can book reliably with an excellent service and advantageous prices. Where you can benefit from discounts of up to 70% on public fares thanks to the agreements, we have negotiated with our partner companies.
Open a new customer account on Expedismart.ch in just a few minutes.
How do I send a parcel to Latvia? Documents required
For shipping a parcel from Switzerland to Latvia, please attach the proforma invoice that is automatically generated by Expedismart, or you can also attach your own when booking online. When sending a new product, you have just purchased, the proforma invoice is not the receipt you received from the shop. The proforma invoice is used to inform customs about the contents of your package. If you resell the goods after they arrive in the country, the shipment must be accompanied by a commercial invoice, which can also be created automatically on Expedismart. For high value goods, we advise you to take out insurance. The cost of the insurance is 1% of the declared value of the goods. You can take out the insurance directly with the partner company AXA Winterthur when preparing the consignment.
Compare services and prices for shipping to Latvia. In addition, you can choose which professional carrier (FedEx, UPS, Aramex, or TNT) will collect your parcel at home or the office and ship it safely to Latvia.
Necessary information for pro forma or commercial invoice
Please fill out the documents in English or Latvian
How to send a parcel to Latvia? Customs regulations
Import duties in Latvia are based on the local goods and services tax and the standard VAT of 21%. Furthermore, they depend on the declared value, the type of shipment and its origin.
How to send a parcel to Latvia? Unauthorised goods
Make sure you are not sending prohibited goods to Latvia. The following list may vary depending on the carrier (FedEx, DHL, UPS, TNT, or Aramex).
Some goods are not permitted for import into Latvia.
- Endangered animals and plants, seeds
- Animal skins, fur
- Iron and steel products
- Infectious Substances, Acids
- Antiques, cultural objects, and art
- Precious Stones
- Flammables, Gases
- Ice blue, dry or wet
- Computer software
- Drugs, Non-Prescription
* This list may be amended by the country of destination.
If you are unsure whether your item falls into the category "prohibited goods", please contact us by phone or e-mail. We will be happy to provide you with information!
How to send a parcel to Latvia? Shipping food
Please note that many transport companies restrict the transport of food. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
- Make sure the food is in its original packaging
- Packaging must be sealed
- Label shows all ingredients
- Maximum of 2 kg of meat, milk, and dairy products
How to send a parcel to Latvia? Fragile shipments
When shipping fragile or delicate items to Latvia, it is important to pack the contents properly to protect them. Use enough sufficient cushioning material such as newspapers, bubble wrap or foam sheets.
How to send a parcel to Latvia? Public holidays
When sending your parcel, be aware of the many public holidays in Latvia. Please remember that your parcels will not be delivered during these holidays.
- 1 January: New Year's Day
- Varying: Good Friday (Lielā Piektdiena)
- Varying: Easter Sunday
- Varying: Easter Monday
- 1 May: Labour Day (convocation of the constitutional assembly in 1920 also falls on May 1 and is also celebrated on this day)
- 4 May: Independence Day
- Second Sunday in May: Mother's Day
- Varying: Pentecost (Vasarsvētki)
- 23 June: Midsummer's Eve (Līgo diena)
- 24 June: Midsummer's Day (Jāņi)
- Varying: Closing day of the Nationwide Song and Dance Festival (The festival is normally held every five years in summer)
- 18 November: Proclamation Day of the Republic of Latvia (Latvijas Republikas proklamēšanas diena)
- 24 December: Christmas Eve
- 25 December: Christmas Day
- 26 December: Second Day of Christmas
- 31 December: New Year's Eve
How do I send a parcel to Latvia? Track my shipment
If you have already made a shipment to Latvia, use the shipment tracking on Expedismart.ch.
Most of our customers ship their parcels to Liepāja, Daugavpils and Riga.
If you have any questions or uncertainties, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (+41 022 575 61 16), e-mail (email@example.com) or via the contact form.
Do not forget to check before sending your shipment to Latvia